The following list of nonprofit organizations represent the grantees of the Foundation in conjunction with our focus areas; fundholders are not limited to granting to these organizations.
Education & Youth
- Art Therapy Institute
- Book Harvest
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Carolina
- Bridge II Sports
- Charles Hamilton Houston Foundation, Inc.
- Communities In Schools of Chatham County
- Education Justice Alliance
- Haven House Services
- Immersion for Spanish Language Acquisition (ISLA)
- Kramden Institute
- LGBTQ Center of Durham
- LIFE Skills Foundation
- Pupusas for Education
- Refugee Community Partnership
- StandUp SpeakOut of NC
- Student U
- The CORRAL Riding Academy
- The Hope Center at Pullen
- Triangle Bikeworks
- World Relief Durham
Each year, the Foundation funds nearly 200 students with more than $600,000 in awards; many students continue to receive funding to support their education throughout their journey to a degree or credential.
Scholarship Recipient Advisory Committee
Our Scholarship Recipient Advisory Committee works alongside our staff to advise us on the accessibility of our scholarship application and ensure we are informed of real-time challenges and opportunities facing students. We are currently working to form our 2023-2024 committee and look forward to sharing details about these amazing students soon!