Who We Are
Triangle Capacity-Building Network is comprised of a growing collection of local funders, focused on disrupting the status quo, changing the narrative, and doing things differently in the nonprofit sector and the community it serves.
Network Funders include:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation
John Rex Endowment
The Mary Duke Biddle Foundation
Triangle Community Foundation; through the Fund for the Triangle
*other regional funders and nonprofit consultants also participate as needed
Since the Network’s creation in 2014, we have commissioned research, engaged nonprofits in conversations about capacity building, and built a strategic direction with a desired outcome of creating strong nonprofits in the Triangle region of North Carolina.
One key metric that the research and discussion showed is the fact that area nonprofit leadership is predominately white led, a statistic that hasn’t changed much in the last ten years and isn’t reflective of the clients and communities served. This was a challenge that the Network is addressing. Because of this, the group targeted their inaugural funding to organizations led by and serving black and brown people that have traditionally been excluded or overlooked by power structures and funding cycles.
2019 Partners & Programs
The following list of nonprofit organizations represent the partner grantees of the Triangle Capacity-Building Network.
Triangle Capacity-Building Network Awards $290,000 in COVID-19 Stabilization Grants for Local Nonprofits Led by and Serving People of Color
June 2020: Triangle Capacity-Building Network, comprised of a collection of local funders, has awarded $290,000 in new general operating support grants as part of their phase two response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These grants of $10,000, awarded to 29 local organizations, prioritize nonprofits led by and serving people of color. The general operating grants will support staff and leadership’s ability to change business models as well as provide for technical upgrades in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more here.
- BUMP: The Triangle
- Centre for Homeownrship & Economic Development Corporation, Inc.
- Communities In Schools of Wake County
- Durham Center for Senior Life
- Durham Colored Library, Inc
- Durham Community Land Trustees
- Durham Public Schools Foundation
- El Centro Hispano, Inc.
- El Pueblo, Inc.
- Emancipate NC
- Hispanic Liaison of Chatham County (aka El Vínculo Hispano)
- IDA and ASSET BUILDING COALITION
- Immersion for Spanish Language Acquisition
- Jubilee Home
- Loaves and Fishes Ministry, Inc.
- North Carolina Business Council
- NorthStar Church of the Arts
- Pardoned By Christ
- Partners for Youth Opportunity
- Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society Community Dental Health Program, Inc. (Wke Smiles)
- StandUp-SpeakOut of North Carolina
- StrongHER TogetHER
- Student U
- The Hope Center at Pullen
- The Marian Cheek Jackson Center for Saving and Making History
- Triangle Bikeworks
- Village of Wisdom
- Walltown Children's Theatre