The following list of nonprofit organizations represent the partner grantees of the Foundation in conjunction with our focus areas; fundholders are not limited to granting to these organizations.
View a list of Sustainable Communities nonprofit partners since 2013.
- City of Oaks Foundation
- Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association
- Eno River Association
- Environmental Educators of North Carolina
- Extra Terrestrial Projects
- Haw River Assembly, Inc.
- Keep Durham Beautiful
- Partners for Environmental Justice
- Piedmont Conservation Council
- Toxic Free North Carolina, Inc.
- Triangle Bikeworks
- Triangle Land Conservancy
- Triangle Native American Society
- Urban Community AgriNomics Catawba Trail Farm
- Urban Sustainability Solutions
- We Plant it Forward
- Club Nova Community, Inc.
- Community Empowerment Fund
- Communities in Partnership
- Community Success Initiative
- Durham Community Land Trustees, Inc.
- Haven House Services
- NC Congress of Latino Organizations
- Pee Wee Homes
- Rebuilding Together of the Triangle
- Refugee Community Partnership
- StandUp-SpeakOut of North Carolina
- StepUp Durham
- Transplanting Traditions Community Farm
- White Oak Foundation, Inc.
- Youth Education for Savings (YES) Consortium
Featured Story: Urban Community AgriNomics | Growing the Roots of Service
Urban Community AgriNomics (UCAN) is improving the health and wellness of our community through their work at the Catawba Trail Farm. The Foundation recently highlighted their story. Read about UCAN below!
Supporting Families Ineligible for Federal Aid During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic illuminated and deepened inequities that already existed in our community. Federal and state laws disqualified undocumented residents, agricultural workers, and others in our community from receiving stimulus checks, continued unemployment benefits, and additional resources. In April 2020, Triangle Community Foundation granted $25,000 from our Fund for the Triangle to five local nonprofits focused specifically on direct aid for these families, and our donors rallied, raising an additional $109,000 that was mobilized for this cause.