Varies, Up to $10,000
October 24, 2022
The Durham Cerebral Palsy Foundation Fund is an endowed fund held at Triangle Community Foundation that was established in 1951 to provide assistance to North Carolina children living with cerebral palsy. After a long tradition of supporting individual grants for one-time services and equipment purchases, the Foundation launched a new grantmaking process in 2017. Nonprofit grantees will receive block grants to purchase necessary equipment (including technology) or one-time medical expenditures on behalf of the families they serve.
Grantmaking and Eligibility
Block grants are anticipated to be in the amount of $10,000. Up to 10 percent of the total grant amount may be used to cover organizational expenses related to administering the grant funds. The Durham Cerebral Palsy Foundation Fund accepts applications from nonprofits that serve children who:
- Are ages birth through 18;
- Live in the state of North Carolina; and
- Are diagnosed with cerebral palsy and/or other neuromuscular disorders.
Funds received through the Durham Cerebral Palsy Foundation Fund should be used to purchase and/or provide funds directly to families to purchase:
- Necessary equipment (including technology), including wheelchairs, restraints, orthoses, strollers, accessibility equipment, etc.;
- Special one-time services or treatments, or
- Van lifts or other accessibility modifications.
Funds received through the Durham Cerebral Palsy Foundation Fund should NOT be used for living expenses; ongoing or long-term expenses; ongoing, long-term therapy or services; ongoing service delivery; or equipment that has already been purchased and paid in full.
Foundation staff work with volunteer advisory committee members to review proposals and reach grantmaking decisions. In reviewing grant proposals, the Foundation will use the following evaluation criteria:
- Alignment with donor impact goals (ability to purchase necessary equipment or one-time medical expenditures on behalf of the families they serve);
- Organization’s ability to carry out their proposal;
- Organization’s financial health; and
- Commitment to equity and community engagement.
Call for Proposals Open September 26, 2022
Application Deadline October 24, 2022
Grantees Announced December 1, 2022
Grant Period January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023
Final Grant Report February 1, 2024
How To Apply
All proposals must be submitted using the Foundation’s online grants management system. Information about creating a profile and using the system is available here or by clicking “Apply” at the bottom of this page.
Contact our Community Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now!