Up to $500
We know our scholarship recipients face many barriers, such as access to housing, food, and transportation. COVID-19 and its effects have only exacerbated these needs; many students depended on campus resources such as dormitories, food pantries, and mental health services that they are currently unable to access. The Student Assistance Fund will provide one-time cash assistance to eligible students to assist with needs that would otherwise hinder them from completing their academic program.
Amount & Use of Funds
Students may request and be awarded up to $500 per application. Students may receive support once per year, and apply a maximum of four times or the number of years remaining in their academic program, whichever is greater.
Funds may be used for any urgent need, but distribution of funds will be prioritized based on the following categories:
- Technology/learning supports
- Health care
- Child care
To be eligible to apply for assistance, students must:
- Have received a one-time scholarship in the current or preceding year OR be currently receiving a multi-year renewable scholarship from the Foundation
- Have been enrolled in an academic program (full-time or part-time) in the preceding semester
- Intend to remain enrolled in an academic program (full-time or part-time)
Selection & Awards
Students will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis and awarded until funds are exhausted for the fiscal year.
Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Use of Funds — Priority is given to requests to support the categories listed above.
- Demonstration of Need — How clearly is the need defined? How strong is the request?
- Urgency of Need — What is the immediate impact of this funding? What are the risks of not receiving this funding?
- Attempts to Receive Funding from Other Sources — Has the student attempted to receive funding from their school emergency assistance fund, etc.?
How to Apply
This application is available in our scholarship portal. If you are an eligible student, please reach out to us for the access code to view and complete the application!
Click below to access the scholarship portal!Apply Now!