Up to $10,000
Rolling basis; Grants reviewed quarterly
The Foundation knows that community needs aren’t limited to times when grant cycles have open applications, and that there are many more nonprofits doing important work than we can fund through our Impact Area grants.
The Responsive Grantmaking program is available to nonprofits that are not current Impact Area grantees but whose work is responsive to the goals of one or more of the Foundation’s Impact Areas. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed quarterly. Organizations may submit one application per quarter, and may be funded once per fiscal year.
Applicants may apply for up to $10,000 for a specific project that falls within one or more of the Foundation’s Impact Areas (Capacity Building, Cultural Arts, Education & Youth, and Sustainable Communities).
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed quarterly (August, November, February, and May). The first review of applications will be in November 2021. When the available budget is expended, applications will be closed until the next fiscal year. We intend to spread available funding out across the entire fiscal year.
- Nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organizations based in and serving one or more Triangle Counties (Wake, Durham, Orange, Chatham); Projects with a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor are eligible to apply.
- Organizations that meet all of the following criteria
- Serve a population or need addressed by one of the Foundation’s Impact Areas
- Are not currently receiving a grant through one or more Impact Area programs
- The project may be accomplished with requested Foundation funding or at least 50% of additional funding has been identified
- Organizations must meet the Foundation’s non-discrimination policy.
- Organizations may receive funding once per fiscal year (July 1-June 30) and should not submit more than one application per quarter.
Please note, only organizations that can demonstrate a history of doing work related to the goals of the Foundation’s Impact Areas will be considered for funding. At this time we are not prioritizing organizations that are new to programming related to our Impact Areas.
- Alignment with one or more Impact Area program goals
- Potential impact of project
- Ability of organization to get funding from other sources
- Preference will be given to organizations that have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Budgets under $1M
- Led by Executive Directors who identify as a person of color*
Application Deadline: Rolling
Grantees Announced: Quarterly (February, May, August, and November)
Grant Report Due : 6 months after grant date
*”People of color” is a broad description for anyone that identifies as being part of a group “that hold a primary racial identity that describes shared racial characteristics among community members”. Because race is a social construct and racial identities evolve, we are not providing boxes for applicants to check; however, we imagine this including (but is not limited to) people who identify as Black, African American, Latinx, Native American, Asian and Pacific Islander, and/or Middle Eastern.Apply