Administering Organization: First Presbyterian Church, Jacksonville, NC
As Ruby Ennis Maynard encouraged and aided her own children to pursue education for career goals and personal fulfillment, so shall this scholarship created in her honor aid deserving, mature women to fulfill their educational goals. The Ruby Ennis Maynard Scholarship provides educational opportunities for women of Onslow County, NC who have been out of the workforce for a period of time, or need to upgrade their skills or education in order to succeed in or change their career. The scholarship encourages women to strive to improve their lives, and consequently the lives of their children, through education.
Amount & Use of Funds
The scholarship may be used towards any need listed under the school’s total cost of attendance. The student is responsible for all other charges. This is a non-renewable scholarship.
An Applicant must:
- Residency Requirements: Resident of Onslow County, North Carolina, for a minimum of 6 months
- Plan of Study: Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at an institution of learning which provides either degree or certificate programs, but may not be enrolled in graduate or post-graduate work in a college, university or seminary.
- This scholarship is restricted to women ages 17 or older who can demonstrate that she has been out of the workforce for a period of time, or needs to upgrade her skills or education in order to succeed in her career, or needs to change careers in order to improve her earning ability.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Are members of the First Presbyterian Church of Jacksonville, NC
- Are single, separated, divorced, widowed or head-of-household where the husband is unable to work.
- Are age 30 or older
How To Obtain An Application
The application form is available here, and should be completed and mailed to the address below.
A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s pastor, or another individual who is not a family member is also required.
Send completed applications to:
Mrs. Mary Ellen Andrews
c/o First Presbyterian Church
400 N. Bayshore Blvd
Jacksonville, NC 28540