March 1, 2023
Administering Organization: Triangle Community Foundation
As Ruby Ennis Maynard encouraged and aided her own children to pursue education for career goals and personal fulfillment, so shall this scholarship created in her honor aid deserving, mature women to fulfill their educational goals. The Ruby Ennis Maynard Scholarship provides educational opportunities to single mothers or female heads of household in Chatham, Durham, Orange, Wake, or Onslow counties with a desire to improve their skills to succeed in their current career or to change careers. The scholarship encourages women to strive to improve their lives, and consequently the lives of their children, through education.
Amount & Use of Funds
The scholarship may be used towards any need listed under the school’s total cost of attendance. The student is responsible for all other charges. This is a non-renewable scholarship.
- Be single mothers or female heads of household
- Be residents of Chatham, Durham, Orange, Wake, or Onslow counties
- Be high school graduates and enrolled in an undergraduate degree or certificate program
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate a desire to improve skills to succeed in their current career or change careers
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Are residents of Onslow County and/or
- Are members of First Presbyterian Church of Jacksonville, NC
March 1, 2023
How to Apply:
This scholarship is part of our universal online application. When you log on to the online system, you will be prompted to enter some basic information through an eligibility quiz, and the system will present you with all the scholarships you are eligible for and their application questions. You must submit both the universal application AND the individual scholarship questions to be considered.
Contact our Scholarships Staff!
Click the button below to get started!Apply Now!