A collective of women from the Triangle with a mission to fund issues that affect women.
The Art of Giving Fund is a Triangle women’s collective jointly administered by Triangle Community Foundation.
Please note that for its 2020 grant cycle, The Art of Giving chose “Fighting Hunger” as its focus area and immediately granted to three organizations in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The next cycle will be Spring 2021.
For its 2021 grant cycle, The Art of Giving will choose a focus area and provide a grant for funding of up to $10,000 for unrestricted operational or programmatic support.
The selection criteria for organizations submitting an application are as follows:
- Be located and provide services in one of the four counties of the Triangle: Chatham, Durham, Orange, and Wake;
- Qualify as tax exempt under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code (fiscal agent) or be classified as a unit of government
- Not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious organization that serves exclusively sectarian purposes
Organizations who have received an Art of Giving grant within the past three years are not eligible.
This is a timeline for the 2021 grant process. Dates are to be determined and updated by January 2021.
Application Deadline: April 2021
Site Visits: May 2021 (to be arranged for finalists only)
TAG Members Vote on Finalists: June 2021
Grantee(s) announced: June 2021
For further information, please see the Guidelines and FAQs
Past Art of Giving Grantees:
- 2020: Communities in Partnership, Families Moving Forward and Interfaith Food Shuttle
- 2019: Compass Center for Women and Families & SpeakOut of North Carolina
- 2018: The Hope Center at Pullen
- 2017: Partners for Youth Opportunity & Community Empowerment Fund
- 2015: Girls on the Run of the Triangle & Chapel Hill-Carrboro Public School Foundation
- 2014: Family Violence and Rape Crisis Services & Planned Parenthood of Central NC
- 2013: Piedmont Health Services & Senior Pharmassist
- 2012: Dress for Success of the Triangle
- 2011: El Futuro & Family Violence and Rape Crisis Services
- 2010: Communities in Schools of Durham & Urban Ministries of Wake County
- 2009: Genesis Home