April 11, 2022 (Application opens on March 21)
A collective of women from the Triangle with a mission to fund issues that affect women.
The Art of Giving Fund is a Triangle women’s collective jointly administered by Triangle Community Foundation.
For its grant cycles, The Art of Giving will choose a focus area and provide a grant for funding of up to $10,000 for unrestricted operational or programmatic support. The 2022 focus area is mental health services/programs that support women and girls. This is not limited to organizations whose missions are solely mental health related.
The selection criteria for organizations submitting an application are as follows:
- Efforts must be in alignment with the focus area
- Location and services provided are in at least one of the four counties of the Triangle: Chatham, Durham, Orange, or Wake
- Qualify as tax exempt under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code (fiscal agent) or be classified as a unit of government
- Not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious organization that serves exclusively sectarian purposes
NOTE: Prioritization will be given to nonprofits with annual budgets of less than $1 million.
Organizations who have received an Art of Giving grant within the past three years are not eligible.
Past Art of Giving Grantees:
- 2021: (COVID-19 Response Relief): Housing Stability
- 2020 (COVID-19 Response Relief): Fighting Hunger
- 2020: Communities in Partnership, Families Moving Forward and Interfaith Food Shuttle
- 2019: Compass Center for Women and Families & SpeakOut of North Carolina
- 2018: The Hope Center at Pullen
- 2017: Partners for Youth Opportunity & Community Empowerment Fund
- 2015: Girls on the Run of the Triangle & Chapel Hill-Carrboro Public School Foundation
- 2014: Family Violence and Rape Crisis Services & Planned Parenthood of Central NC
- 2013: Piedmont Health Services & Senior Pharmassist
- 2012: Dress for Success of the Triangle
- 2011: El Futuro & Family Violence and Rape Crisis Services
- 2010: Communities in Schools of Durham & Urban Ministries of Wake County
- 2009: Genesis Home