Administering Organization: Triangle Community Foundation
Throughout their many years of volunteerism focused on mentoring and tutoring refugee and immigrant families, Larry and Sue Yarger have met many parents who have endured significant hardships and challenges in order to provide their children opportunities not available in their home countries.
The Achievement Scholarship Fund for Refugees and Immigrants in Wake County will provide financial awards for refugee and immigrant high school graduates who reside in Wake County to continue their education in a post-secondary setting. The goal is to support these students on a pathway to finding meaningful employment and becoming contributory members of their communities and adopted country.
Scholarships will range from $1,000 to $4,000 per year, for up to four years and can be used at any accredited public, private, technical college or university in the state of North Carolina. A minimum of four awards will be made each year.
Applicants must be:
- First-generation U.S. citizens, refugees, or immigrants (legal documentation is not required)
- Residents of Wake County, North Carolina who have completed at least one academic year at a high school in Wake County
- High school seniors at the time of the application with a GPA of 2.5 or greater
- Planning to pursue a 2-year or 4-year degree as a full-time student
- Planning to attend an accredited public, private, or technical college or university in the state of North Carolina
- Able to demonstrate family financial need
Fall semester high school graduates, please contact the Foundation if you would like to apply.
This scholarship is not available for students planning to enroll part-time or at for-profit or online institutions. There are no restrictions on area of study
Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees at any accredited public, private, or community college or university. The amount awarded per recipient can vary between $1,000 and $4,000 per academic year, split evenly between each semester, and automatically renewable for up to 4 years, provided the student maintains a 2.5 cumulative GPA and submits a report each semester.
March 31, 2017
How To Apply
We are not currently accepting applications for this scholarship. Please check back in 2018!‹ Back to Scholarships