Following What Matters: Women on April 24, 2018, we heard an overwhelming cry from attendees – men and women alike – for more. More research, more ways to give, more opportunity to connect. We know that women continue to be disproportionately affected in relation to health, housing, employment, and education, and as a leader in the region that envisions a Triangle where everyone can thrive, we also recognize that we don’t have all of the solutions to these issues. As we shape our work with women here at the Foundation, we will continue to share current vital resources in the region right here. Have something to add? Let us know.
- The Foundation commissioned this video featuring Voices of Women speaking about significant data in the region for What Matters.
- A companion Voices of Women flipbook was also developed for the event – you can print a copy here.
- The NC Council for Women and Youth Involvement has commissioned research about the Status of Women in North Carolina that they will unveil on a state-wide tour beginning in June 2018. Learn more about the report and the tour dates here.
- North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation with Blue Cross Blue Shield NC has launched a new initiative focused on business-led change to increase access to research-based, family-friendly practices in the workforce. Family Forward NC shares research, data, and is launching a state-wide tour to spread the benefits to women, children, men, and the business community when these practices are adopted. You can learn more about the data, and the tour here.
- Check out what our partner Giving Circles have to offer, and join one to get involved on a level you feel comfortable.
Want to ensure you are on the list for updates and new opportunities to support women in the Triangle? Text the word “women” to 444999 to sign up for updates – and we’ll be in touch.