Did you know?
- Triangle Community Foundation was established in 1983 with a single gift of $1,000 by Dr. George Hitchings.
- We define the Triangle as these four counties: Durham, Chatham, Orange, and Wake counties.
- We manage over $209 million in assets with a long-term investment strategy that grows and protects these funds.
- We steward 850 philanthropic funds, ranging in size and donor-driven initiatives.
- By partnering with our donors, in 2016 we invested more than $21 million to support nonprofit organizations and provide scholarships for individuals.
- 79% of charitable grants stayed in North Carolina, 73% stayed in the Triangle.
- Nearly $700,000 was awarded through Our Focus on the Arts, Community Development, Environmental Conservation, and Youth Literacy.
* Financial Data as of June 30, 2016.