Since 1984, the Send A Kid To Camp™ program of Triangle Community Foundation has provided a safe, educational, healthy outlet for our community’s children at-risk through summer camp scholarships. All children can benefit from a camp experience; especially those who may otherwise be unable to attend due to financial constraints or family situations. Not only do students from low-income homes often not have access to enriching summer activities, but research shows that children often forget what was learned during the school year over vacation, creating what is known as the “summer slide.” As a part of our commitment to supporting people and places in the region, Send A Kid To Camp™ combats this summer learning loss by providing camp tuition assistance funding to partner camps in our four counties.
2016 Camp Partners
- Autism Society of North Carolina
- BoysClubs of Wake County d/b/a Boys & Girls Clubs
- Center for Human-Earth Restoration
- Chatham County Cooperative Extension – 4-H
- Communities in Schools of Wake County
- Durham Arts Council
- East Durham Children’s Initiative
- Eno River Association
- Garner Road Community Center
- Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines
- Learning Outside
- O.A.S.I.S. Foundation of NC
- Orange County 4-H
- The ArtsCenter
- The White Oak Foundation,Inc.
- Wade Edwards Foundation
- Wake County 4-H Youth Development/Wake County Human Services
- Walltown Children’s Theatre
- YMCA of the Triangle Area
Help us give these children a summer experience to remember by making a gift or getting involved. Sponsor a camper today!
Special thank you to the Kiwanis Club of Raleigh for their continued sponsorship of this program.