A collective of women from the Triangle with a mission to fund issues that affect women.
The Art of Giving Fund is a Triangle women’s collective jointly administered by Triangle Community Foundation and North Carolina Community Foundation.
In its 2017 grant cycle, The Art of Giving chose “Advancing Opportunities for Women and Girls” as its focus area. The 2017 grant provided funding of up to $20,000 for operational support. The final grantees selected in 2017 were Partners for Youth Opportunity & Community Empowerment Fund
The selection criteria for organizations submitting an application are as follows:
- Be located and provide services in one of the four counties of the Triangle: Chatham, Durham, Orange, and Wake;
- Qualify as tax exempt under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code (fiscal agent) or be classified as a unit of government
- Not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious organization that serves exclusively sectarian purposes
Organizations who have received an Art of Giving grant within the past three years are not eligible.
Application Deadline: March 1
Site Visits: Late April-early May
TAG Members Vote on Finalists: Mid-May
Grantee(s) announced: Mid-June
Past Art of Giving Grantees:
- 2017: Partners for Youth Opportunity & Community Empowerment Fund
- 2015: Girls on the Run of the Triangle & Chapel Hill-Carrboro Public School Foundation
- 2014: Family Violence and Rape Crisis Services & Planned Parenthood of Central NC
- 2013: Piedmont Health Services & Senior Pharmassist
- 2012: Dress for Success of the Triangle
- 2011: El Futuro & Family Violence and Rape Crisis Services
- 2010: Communities in Schools of Durham & Urban Ministries of Wake County
- 2009: Genesis Home